He graduated Phi Beta Kappa from SUNY-Binghamton and then was awarded the Presidential Fellowship from SUNY-Albany, where he completed his doctorate in clinical psychology.
He writes, lectures, and provides training internationally on the topic of social skills training and managing challenging behaviors.
He is an award winning author of several books, including:
- Social Skills Training, 20th Anniversary Edition: For Children and Adolescents with Autism and Social Communication Differences
- Social Skills Training for Children and Adolescents with Aspergers Syndrome and Social Communication Problems
- Preparing for Life: The Complete Handbook for the Transition to Adulthood for Those with Autism and Aspergers Syndrome
- The Social Skills Picture Book
- The Social Skills Picture Book for High School and Beyond
- No More Meltdowns: Positive Strategies for Managing and Preventing Out-of-Control Behavior
- No More Victims: Protecting those with Autism from Cyber Bullying, Internet Predators & Scams
- Overcoming Anxiety in Children and Teens
- School Shadow Guidelines
His work has also been featured on ABC World News, Nightline, the CBS Early Show, and the Discovery Health Channel.